Button style for hyperlink field

Hello,
Is there a way to have a button instead of clickable link for better experience(on mobile it’s a bit small)?
Like the Action Button but instead of an action and inside of the table ?

Thanks

Hello,

I don’t think this is possible. @natalie-grist or @dmitry-grist, Hi this is Jennifer B, is there a way to code a button within a table using Python? I understand you can create a custom widget, but do you intend to add a feature to where we can code inside a row and add the column ID or do you already have this capability? The image is a rough example. Currently, all the code is in one place, but ideally, it would be nice to put the link in one column and then the name in another column, then add the ID into the HTML code.

<button style="padding:6px 10px;background-color:lightred;border:solid 2px #ddd"><a style="text-decoration:none;color:#353535" href="$URL" target="_blank">$Add_Name</a></button>

Any thoughts on this, please?

Thank you

It’s not currently possible, but we could consider it! Some questions:

• Is it purely a link (i.e. same functionality as HyperLinks, just different style)
  • Is it only about the link being small, i.e. would a preset styling option to make the link look like a button be sufficient?
  • Is customization necessary, i.e. being able to add your own CSS, or change features like size, color, borders, font, shadow, hover styles, etc? What if the only customizations were what you can set for Choice values?

Response via Email:

Hello Dmitry,

1. Yes, external links to another site.

2. I think this would be an excellent choice. You could have a preset of small, medium and large buttons to choose from. Then it would be nice to choose the background color and font color. You have this option for the choice selection. Another option that would be nice is to change the font size.

3. Custom is nice but mostly for developers, like me, however I think the choice selection should be sufficient. I would use it.

Thank you for reaching out to me.

Jennifer Bledsoe

1 Like