Hi @Pamela_Parker! Hmm, it looks like there are several possible culprits, but the ultimate issue may be specific to LinkedIn.
Firstly, there is the question of what HTML is rendered. I went ahead and added a “LinkedIn Badge” example to https://public.getgrist.com/f95AzwmFZSp3/Embedded-Twitter-Widget/p/3/m/fork. I found it important to include the script portion below the
<div> in the HTML. It’s also important to tack on
?tags=script to the URL of the Custom Widget.
With this, some profiles sometimes loaded. In fact, initially they loaded very well. But soon stopped. On the browser’s debugging console, I see requests to LinkedIn failing with error code 999:
That’s not a normal code. Google brings up as first answer that it means “LinkedIn does not like you”. This discussion is a bit more revealing: https://www.reddit.com/r/linkedin/comments/ixwoxr/999_request_failed_with_reason_codes_1_2_1/ – it sounds like LinkedIn considers a series of badge requests as suspicious (sounds like there are profile-boosting tools with a similar behavior, which it’s trying to block). It is probably blocking the IP address from requesting more profiles once it identifies the requests as suspicious.
Other reasons the page might not load is if you have strict privacy settings in the browser (since LinkedIn is a known tracker across the web, requests to it may get blocked by more privacy-oriented browsers).
The profile badges don’t seem to work for company pages at all, so that’s another reason it may show up blank.
But after fixing all other reasons, if you open the network tab of the developer console in the browser, and find 999 error codes, it means the requests are getting blocked by LinkedIn, and am not sure if there is a workaround.