Embedded table and filter by single record only?

Hi there,

First thank you!

I have had a blast setting up my grist tables and setting up an API to ingest entires from Node-Red. But I’ve hit a small wall and I don’t know if I am trying to make grist do something that it isn’t meant to do.

Context

• Volunteers sign in on an iPad displaying a custom Node-red sign in page.
  • Upon signing out, Node-red sends a new row to a grist table via API.
  • Grist does some calculations and a summary table updates.
  • That summary table is embedded in HTML on a volunteers access page so volunteers can track their hours/requirements.

Where I need help…

• When volunteers filter the table by their VolunteerID they can accidentally select multiple IDs which then of course displays multiple hour totals and thus makes it appear as if the volunteer has more hours than they do. (Obviously a tech savvy user would notice this and maybe fix/unselect the additionally ID.)

The ask…

• Can I make a setting some where there only allows for one ID to be selected in the filter selection dropdown?
  • Is there a JS command/script that can dynamically update/call the filter and then disable the grist filter drop down?

I appreciate any help or suggestions!

Hi @Andy_Dufresne.

Grist has a feature called Link Keys that could be useful here. Does the page you’re embedding Grist on have access to the volunteer’s id? If yes, you could customize the URL of the Grist document to include the volunteer id as a link key, and use Access Rules to configure Grist to filter records that only match the id in the link key.

George