Exporting the records in a linked view

I hope I’m just doing something wrong here. I have a table of prospects that I run a direct-mail campaign against. I want to stagger my mailings, and track with prospects are mailed each week, so I added a column to tag those records with a mailing-ID. I have a need to export only those prospects to hand off yo my marketing folks so the mail can go out. To do this, I created a linked-view so that I only see the prospects based on the mailing-ID I selected. So far, so good. However, when I went export the view, it gave me back EVERY records in the prospects table.

There are 2 things I would like to accomplish.

1. Export ONLY the records present in the prospects-by-mailings view.
  2. I also need to change the names of the columns in the view without affecting the column names in the original Prospects table.

Hi @r11, welcome to the community!

1. Export the current section - this looks like an oversight to me. You are right, the Download as CSV function should only export records you see in the view, thanks for reporting it.
  2. You can change the label without affecting the real column name using the Untie from column name button:
    But this will change the label on all views. There is a feature that should do what you described: having separate settings per view, but it doesn’t work well unfortunately. We will try to fix it in a future release.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Do I need to raise tickets for these items?

No, I added it already to our backlog. Thanks.

Exporting a linked view should now result in a properly filtered download. Let me know whether it works as desired for you!