How do I pull contents from a row in a table containing a specific value?

I only created a Grist account today, March 7, 2022.
I need to use a Grist table as I would use a MySQL table.
Basically, I will populate the rows with order data from my store which include email, purchase, invoice Id, and total
I would like to pull the contents from a row based on the invoice ID via the API, then process it through my website.

Basically, I’m not sure where to get started on this.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum, @Michael_Scharen!

If you are looking for API documentation, you can find it here: API reference - Grist Help Center.

Before then, you’d want to set up a document with suitable tables and columns. Since you mention invoices, this template should be helpful: https://templates.getgrist.com/9NH6D58FmxwP/Invoicing/ (it also illustrates a custom widget for showing an invoice – if you don’t need it, you can just remove it).

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I had some issues with BTCPay Server and Zapier but I worked through them. Now I will get a record in a my Grist table btcorders when a transaction is settled via BTCPay Server.

I will now begin wading through this new Grist API documentation. I like what I see so far, everything came over from BTCPay Server just fine.

Cheers!
Michael

1 Like