How to add widgets that are not shrinked-shrank?

Hi,

How to add widgets that are not shrinked-shrank?

Best

1 Like

Hi anefta.

You can add a widget that takes up an entire page by clicking the Add New button in the left panel, then Add Page and selecting a widget. Was this what you were looking for?

George

2 Likes

No @georgegevoian…What I want is to be able to add widgets and make them as big I want on the same page.

I see. If you move the mouse cursor in-between the empty space between 2 widgets on a page, a dashed dividing line should appear that you can click and drag to change the sizes of widgets. While you can’t completely maximize a single widget on a page (some room is taken up by other widgets to show their title), you should be able to resize most widgets to take up the vast majority of the page.

2 Likes

The problem is that the widgets should be resized as long as I want. They are not. Will you add this feature?

I’m having a hard time visualizing the request. Could you help me understand what it is you wish to see? Maybe a simple mock-up would help?

Sorry if I’m being dense. :slightly_smiling_face:

I would like to make a widget as big as I want. And if there are more than one widget the screen should be scrollable if the area of the widgets is larger than my desktop’s screen.

Now what happens, is that if I add 10 charts, I see nothing because all these charts are trying to fit to the screen size.

Is that more clear?!

1 Like

Aah, I see. Yes, it is more clear! Busy dashboards can quickly get cluttered. We have expanding and collapsing widgets on our roadmap! You may track our progress here: Expanding/collapsing widgets · Issue #34 · gristlabs/grist-core · GitHub

2 Likes