Reference Help Article - Change name of columns to know what is being compared (filtered References)

In the article Reference columns - Grist Help Center

at the topic Filtering References Dropdown, Reference columns - Grist Help Center

the help text reads

you can filter a dropdown’s choice by writing a condition as a formula. The attribute choice refers to choices in the dropdown. In this case the formula is choice.Country == $Country .

Because in the example the two columns have the same name, even with the capital letter, it’s a little confusing to newcomers which column belongs to each table.

The column names either should be a ittle different or the article should be more specific and explain better that first “Country” in the formula is the column from the OTHER table (not the table where you have the reference dropdown with the formula you are writing) and the second Country is the column in “THIS” table, where the country was selected.

1 Like

Hey @Rogerio_Penna !

Thanks so much for that feedback! I’ll get that updated so it is more clear which column is in which table.

Thanks,
Natalie

1 Like

Hey @Rogerio_Penna,

We updated the Filtering References article here: Reference columns - Grist Help Center

As suggested, we renamed columns to make it more clear where each part of the formula is coming from and included a link to the example.

I hope it is easier to understand now! Thanks again for the feedback :smile:

-Natalie

You are welcome. Since you did like my SWOT matrix, have you seen my topics on the Risk Matrix?