Sudden Document Reversion and Missing History

Hi everyone,

Today, I encountered a strange issue. When I refreshed a page, I found that my documents had reverted to an older version. Additionally, there seems to be a 5-day gap in my document history—those days are completely missing.

To clarify, I am not using the self-hosted version; this is occurring on the hosted version provided by Grist.

Has anyone experienced something similar? Could there be a specific reason for this, or might it be a bug? Any insights or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hey Sao!

Thank you so much for your patience while our dev team looked into this.

After a thorough investigation, we found that this was isolated to your specific document. There were no similar occurrences found across our production environment. Unfortunately, we were unable to pinpoint the cause of the disruption of snapshots in your document.

To prevent recurrence, we will be improving our alerts. Should this happen again, and snapshots have not succeeded on a live document with edits, we would be alerted. This could help us catch the problem later, should it occur again, and diagnose it carefully.

Thanks,
Natalie

1 Like

Thanks for the update. I appreciate the dev team’s efforts in investigating the issue. Although the cause remains unclear, I’m glad to hear that alerts will be improved to catch potential problems in the future. Looking forward to a continued great experience on the platform.

1 Like