Trigger to add row

Hello,

Can you please let me know how I can add a trigger that in case of a table change will add a row to another table with for example the timestamp ?
Is there a function that adds a row ?

Thank you for help!

The only way I know to add a row is with custom widgets. There is a showcase here. If you’re not a developer, it’s quite an advanced subject; but if your use case is simple enough, please just share a sample document on docs.getgrist.com (with public write access), and I’ll willingly help you on that point.

you can add rows with an action button

but for automatic insertion, I would suggest going the Zapier or n8n (free) route.

Thanks so much for the reply!

This is the link to the document
https://docs.getgrist.com/r8SQvLRX6WMD/Products-Price?utm_id=share-doc

I have two tables:
Table of products in which users have the ability to add products and change the price of the product.
Table of price changes in which I want to record information about who and when changed the price to look at the price dynamics.

I would be grateful for advice on how to implement this.

implement the action button (which you must click) or the n8n integration?

Here you are. If you’d like to see how it works, you should look at Data selection, Widget options and Open configuration in the three-dots menu of PRODUCTS Custom. I also added trigger formulas into PRICE CHANGES columns, which are simple references to PRODUCTS values.

1 Like

Something wrong is not right :slight_smile:

JPeron, how do I use on my Self Hosted Grist all the plugins you have released, like Signature, Kanban, etc?

JPeron thank you very much!
It’s awesome.
I didn’t fully understand how but it works.
Is there any chance that grist-pug-py-widget will be a standard widget built into grist ?

There is work in progress to get there:

@Rogerio_Penna I host this version myself. You might use the GRIST_WIDGET_LIST_URL for that purpose. If you don’t mind waiting, I intend to make separate versions for Kanban, Signature and others once this is merged, and will submit them to GitHub - gristlabs/grist-widget: A repository of custom widgets to embed in Grist documents.