Using Grist as a Stackby/Airtable alternative

Hello everyone, I recently purchased Grist and am enjoying porting over my Stackby databases. I have a few questions regarding this.

1. Is it possible to create forms that a customer fills in and the details get added to the Grist database, if not, are there any workarounds like automating bringing in the data through Jotform/Aidaform via a Zapier like app?
  2. Can the Grist data be pulled/pushed on a website, for example, there is a Grist template called “Lightweight CRM” could the customer database data be used on a website through something like JS React, effectively giving me the ability to have a front end to the Grist database?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hello, welcome to the forum! Happy to hear you’re enjoying Grist.

1. Native form support is on our product roadmap (Grist Roadmap - Native Form Support). In the meantime, the workaround you suggest works best. We support Zapier, Pabbly Actions, and Integrately (with more to come).

2. Powering a website using Grist has come up before, but isn’t on the roadmap at this point. We are interested in supporting in-browser use of our API, perhaps by offering a per-document way to whitelist certain origins. If we had that, would it solve your problem?

FYI, it is possible to embed a Grist page as view-only data on a website. That doesn’t solve this exact use case, but you may find this useful in other ways. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your feedback, much appreciated!
The native form support sounds great, looking forward to it.

1 Like