Flashcards Contest: Build the Best Knowledge Deck

We’re kicking off a flashcards contest! Read more about it in our blog.

Here’s the tldr:

• Use our Flashcards Template to share your expertise on any topic. Topics can range from academic to pop culture to song titles that are palindromes, and more.
  • If you need help modifying the template, see our blog post. There’s a video to walk you through it.
  • Submit your contest entries in this thread (see format below). Deadline is May 29th.
  • The community will vote for the top three most mind-blowing flashcard decks. Each of the three winners will receive the prized jewel of any drinkware cabinet: a Grist thermos.

grist-thermos-small

Entry Format

When submitting your entries, please use the following format.

• Link: Link to your flashcard. Be sure public access is set to viewer.
  • Description: Tweet-length description of your deck.
  • Do we have your permission to share this deck? Yes or no.
  • If yes, how should we refer to you? Can be your real name or an online username.
  • Should we tag your social accounts? If so, list them: Let us know if you want us to tag you on any platform and list your social handles.

Chatter is welcome in this thread! Both from entrants and observers.

You may improve your deck after submitting it. Remember, the deadline is May 29th. Feel free to submit multiple entries.

Voting will open on May 29th and close on June 2nd.

4 Likes

I’ll be the first! This one is simple but useful at a certain age :slight_smile: Don’t forget to :twisted_rightwards_arrows: shuffle!

• Link: Flashcards - Multiplication Table - Grist
  • Description: Flashcards to learn the multiplication table!
  • Do we have your permission to share this deck?: Yes!
  • If yes, how should we refer to you?: @dsagal0, and you can tag me.
5 Likes

I asked ChatGPT about the legendary thermos and…

:joy:

3 Likes

All Hail the mighty Vessel! May I soon sip sweet nectar from her cold mouth… if the Grist Lords be willing! :sake:

2 Likes

Link: Marketing Flash Cards - Grist
Description:
:mag::chart_with_upwards_trend: Targeting the right audience with tailored messages is key to successful marketing! :dart::tada: Learn all about personas, behavior tracking, and data-driven decision making with these flashcards! #Flashcards #MarketingTips #TargetedMessaging :rocket::books: #getgrist
Do we have your permission to share this deck: Yes
If yes, how should we refer to you? @chrisscottdoes

4 Likes

What is more appropriate for a set of Grist flashcards than a Grist Quiz? Test your Grist knowledge (and maybe learn some new things) with this flashcard set

Link: Grist Quiz - Grist
Shareable? YES
Refer to me: Both are the same
Social Accounts: None

9 Likes

Oh my goodness, I love these questions! The answers are so detailed too. Thank you! Great tips in here too, like hitting esc key to undo edits to a cell. :pray::pray::pray::pray:

Let’s see if I get any wrong…

1 Like

Thanks! Of course let me know if any wrong/incomplete answers sneaked in there too and I will fix them

2 Likes

This is amazing, is there a way we can have spaced repetition built in like Anki?

Interesting request. I looked a bit into it and see Anki let’s you rate each question and that determines the interval before it is repeated. Is that what you’re envisioning?

• Link: Sonic Flashcards - Grist
  • Description: Sonic the Hedgehog trivia
  • Do we have your permission to share this deck? Yes
  • If yes, how should we refer to you? Martin
  • Should we tag your social accounts? If so, list them: No
5 Likes
  • Link: Flashcards - Lost in Translation - Grist
  • Description: Flashcards of some interesting words that have specific meanings in cultures around the world
  • Do we have your permission to share this deck? Yes.
  • If yes, how should we refer to you? Olya.
  • Should we tag your social accounts? If so, list them: No.
5 Likes
  • Link: Flashcards - Ukrainian words - Grist
  • Description: I’m delighted to invite you to view flashcards of ukrainian basic words and phrases
  • Do we have your permission to share this deck? Yes.
  • If yes, how should we refer to you? Olya.
  • Should we tag your social accounts? If so, list them: No.
5 Likes

Link: Grist Flashcards - :t_rex: Jurassic Park Trivia
Description: Trivia Questions from Jurassic Park, The Lost World, Jurassic Park III and Jurassic World
Do we have your permission to share this deck? Yes :+1:
If yes, how should we refer to you? Natalie
Should we tag your social accounts? If so, list them:

3 Likes

Today I learned Sonic was originally called Mr. Needlemouse. Thank you!

2 Likes

This is so interesting! I feel personally called out by ‘tsundoku’. :laughing:

2 Likes

I immediately determined my dino movie knowledge is very lacking - great quiz though :grinning:

2 Likes

Thank you for your submissions everyone! Here is the full list of submissions:

^ Grist employees and their families are not eligible to win, no matter how epic their decks. We have, conveniently enough, exactly three eligible contestants, @Chris_Scott1 , @Leonard_Gallion and @Olha_Fokanova . The Grist Thermos has foregone the poll and decided its own fate. The thermos is yours! :tada:

Vote!

But we would still like to have a poll in the spirit of friendly competition. Which are your top three decks? Contestants may vote in the poll, and may cast a vote for themselves, especially if their deck is about the hero formerly know as Mr. Needlemouse.

• Multiplication Table
  • Marketing Tips
  • Grist Quiz
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Lost in Translation
  • Ukrainian Words
  • Jurrasic Park Trivia

0 voters

3 Likes