Import from file 'GenImporterView' actions need uncomplicated access

When trying to import from file as an [Editor] using the public link, users can’t
‘Import from file’
despite having all access rules possible green, this error is displayed when trying to import:
“Import failed: Blocked by access rules: ‘GenImporterView’ actions need uncomplicated access”

Is it possible to add a Access Rule to allow editors to do imports?

Thanks in advanced :slight_smile:

Ah, this is interesting! Imports are currently possible by owners or editors in the absence of access rules. We are currently looking into making this more flexible. Your message is very timely!

Are public editors looking to import data to create new tables, or add data to existing tables?

I’m very interested in this use case. Would you be comfortable discussing it with me on a call? If so, I’ll send a calendar invitation privately.

1 Like

Hi Anais

Exciting!
We’re essentially looking for a way to allow public editors to import/copy in new tables within a doc, using a template table we provide. It’s for a big crowd sourced doc we’re building on Grist.
In my experience only an owner can import from a file not someone with an edit link. And copying a table with ‘ctrl+c’ doesn’t carry over all data or column titles so we can’t use that as a template method.

This thread is also relevant and perhaps a better solution.

We’d be keen to do a screen share call with you and show you what we’re doing.
Might we suggest a Meet jitsi call? I could do it this weekend although the rest of our team can’t this weekend. However PYT team can meet to discuss tonight, in order to be on the same page ahead of talking to you.
You can send calendar invites to s7venlights {-at-} privateyourtech . com

1 Like

Would you still like to talk?

Yes, I would! I just sent you a Calendly link via DM and email. If you prefer Jitsi (never used it!) that’s fine, too.