Link two grist Documets

Hi,

Is there a way to link to another document in Grist? In my case they would reside in the same workspace.

The reason I ask is because I would like to have a document with our users (in our case, teachers, students and staff). And it would be a complete table, with all the information about them (like phone, email, address, and so on) But I have several different documents with a variety of functions, like one for fotocopies, one for grades, one only for teacher stuff, and instead of having one giant Document with all the features and a lot of Access rules it would be nice to link one document to the users document, for example.
Right now, the only way to keep these documents separated is to have the user list in every one of them, but that means keeping track of changes in several places.

If this feature exist, I would like to know how, and if not, I woul like to know if it is on the roadmap. Does anyone else need this?

2 Likes

Hi Paul, did you find any solution for this in the several months since your post?

As far as I am aware, the only way to do that would be to have an integration/automation program like n8n or Zapier.

Thus, when a record is created in a table, it creates a record or a link in another table in another document.

Thank you for your response, but I went for the easier route, and made one big document, turns out it is no even that big.